Sunday, August 31, 2008

What My Daughter Likes More than Candy

The other day, my daughter, Sidney and I were sitting together on our chair in our living room reading a book and talking. Smelling the strong odor of onions, I asked her if she had eaten any onions recently. (She loves raw onions, and Kacie can't stand for her to eat them because they make her breath so bad). This was the conversation that followed:

Me: Sidney, your breath smells like onions. Have you been eating some?
Sidney: Yes.
Me: Where did you get them?
Sidney: My bed.
Me: What were you doing with onions in your bed.
Sidney: When Mommy went out of the kitchen, I sneaked some to my bed.
Me: So Mommy wouldn't catch you eating them?
Sidney: Yes.

Later, after putting her to bed, I saw half a large onion sitting on her dresser. She had taken not candy, not cookies, but an onion to her room to hide it from Mommy! She's hilarious.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love that girl. She's a mess.